Northwestern Materials Science
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master suite in gorgeous lakeside condo available (and a cool roommate to boot)

Go down

Master suite in gorgeous lakeside condo available (and a cool roommate to boot) Empty Master suite in gorgeous lakeside condo available (and a cool roommate to boot)

Post  hellz Mon May 10, 2010 10:14 am

Hi, I'm looking for a roommate to share my 2bd/2ba condo on the 21st floor of a high rise right by the lake. It's a corner unit with HUGE windows, so the view cannot be beat. The building itself has tons of amenities:

- 24hr doorman
- outdoor swimming pool
- library with free books and magazines and public use computers
- rooftop deck
- 2 party rooms
- in building w/d
- in building dry cleaners/shoe repair
- convenient receiving dock (no more leaving packages on your doorstep)
- bike storage
- storage cages (for rent)

As for public transportation, I am a 5min walk from the Bryn Mawr stop on the Red Line. The 147 express bus stops right outside and gets me downtown in 20mins or less. The 151 and 136 buses also stop right outside. If you have a car, getting on Lakeshore Dr. is a snap. It takes about 20mins (by bus) to get to the med school campus and about 35 - 50 mins to get to the Evanston campus (depending on the hour and which form of public transit you use. It's probably only a 30 min bike ride on a nice day though.

I'm also a reasonable walk (15mins) to the night life in Andersonville, close to the Asian grocery stores and noodle shops at Argyle, and 5min walk to 2 beaches. The lakeshore path is right outside my backdoor.

As for the condo itself, it was recently completely rehabbed. The living room and kitchen are furnished (including a 46" LCD TV). The room I have available is the master suite, so it has an attached bathroom. All utilities except internet and electricity are included. My mom and I own the condo, so you don't have to worry about shady landlords who won't fix things in a timely manner.

I have 2 cats, and they're a lot of fun to watch and play with. If you have cat allergies, just know that I also had cat allergies but these 2 are short-hairs and don't seem to bother me.

Feel free to shoot me an email with any questions!

hellz

Back to top Go down